Skip to main content

Boris Collage @ El Draon (Lima, Peru) Wednesday December 7th


DJ BORIS COLLAGE and MAMA COLLAGE just days before my departure to Lima

I will be playing and headlining at the DRAGON over in Barranco, an old quiant neighborhood here in Lima.
Ill be on the decks around midnight and play on till 2am.
The Scene here in Lima is pretty solid as far as the DJ-Dancer respect. There is good talent here, though in small numbers; nevertheless the kids who throw down, throw down and keep their dancers happy. Electro house and acid seems to be breaking ground here through this one cat i saw play on saturday night. His name is Andy Dyer. He opened up for Dean Coleman from Yoshitoshi.
There is a lack of soulful deep house, and the more orchestrated tracks chalk full of instrumentals and song based journey mixes. I am trying to persuade the owener and booking agent for the big club GOTICA to get Lil Louie Vega down here and introduce a spiritual and positive message in house music. I think it would be a good call, and perhaps get Swag down here, and maybe Marcus Wayett. Though the problem with this is that the scene is still in the trance mode as far as big room behavior goes. There are small satellite clubs that enjoy the fruits of house and its territories, but the big guys need to wake up. I will be playing at Gotica in a couple of weeks or so; just finalising the contracts and other needs. I am taking a chance here to put that New York energy into the Lima scene and hopefully not get booed off the decks. And if i do, at least i tried. Though how can you go wrong playing tracks from Anthony Nicholson, Vega, and SWAG remixes of Latin house. Also, a good dose of San Francisco deep, anchored with the spacey jazz based style i love to put out.
Ill keep you all updated on how it goes...
For now, keep recognizing music in sound and silence, and keep dancing.

Boris Collage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collage in Peru

Photo Courtesy of Mlle. Rockoto (Warming up the night for Felipe Salmon @ El Dragón, Barranco, Lima Peru) It was my first gig here in Lima, and the promoters and DJs welcomed me with open arms. I am being treated very good down here, and i own it to my beautiful Mlle. Rockoto for her support and vibes. Also special thanks to my friend Franco Gambini, and GM of the Dragón Rodrigo Wangeman. I will be playing on the 2nd and the 9th at the big club here in Lima called Gotica. I will be playing with Dave Caulluman from the U.K and another DJ from abroad as well. Look out for more pics and more dates.

Initial recap of Collage Music @ El Dragon, Lima(Peru)

Last night was great at the Dragón. It started off a bit shakey because the turntable had not yet arrived, and i didn't pack allot of CDs for my set that night. I mean, they had the set up (CDJ1000s along with a brand new DJM 1000 mixer) and the friendliest staff. The guy who rents out the EQP to the club came up to me on stage and assured me that the decks were on the way. So i started off with the CDs and in 10 minutes the decks were being plugged in, seamlessly the music never stopped. I had so much fun, and the floor was on fire by 1am. By 2am everyones hands were in the sky when i closed up with Blaze's "Be Yourself". Special thanks to Love Monk for their shhh shhh tracks i got to play. Clean!!!! My next stop is GOTICA next friday. There i will be playing along with Felipe Salmon. He and i will be doing interval sets all the way to 6am, so i better get some sleep the night before. Lately sleep has been pretty tough due to my apartment being situated on

Dragon Review for 1/4/06

Well all I can say is that last night was brilliant. Even though it rocked on the 17th of December, last night there were no issues in the beginning. Im talking about equipment issues. On the 17th I showed up with a small batch of CDs and a full bag of records, and found no turntables on the stage...only CD players!!! The issue was resolved in a matter of 20 minutes, and i must say was a classy move, considering the in house DJ could just play the rest of the night in the hidden DJ booth. By experience i have encountered allot of shady promoters who would just do such a thing. Sam the equipment lender to the club took a cab home and brought back 2 technics and the show went on with a bang. Ill have some pics for last night. I just want to thank Christobal (Owner and operator of the Dragon) and Rodrigo (General Manager) for the bookings. I will be playing on the 20th at the other Dragon club located in Punta Hermosa Beach just an hour south of here. There should be around 500